Property: Tingley Memorial Hall, Claflin University NR, Orangeburg County
Tingley Memorial Hall was designed by African American architect William Wilson Cooke and constructed in 1808 with funds donated by S.H Tingley of Providence, Rhode Island, in memory of his wife Adella M. Tingley.
1. Student will be able to draw a house and building with landscape.
2. Student will be able to use elements of design to drawings.
3. Student will be able to define architecture.
4. Student will be able draw in Victorian or Modern style of architecture.
5. Student will be able to identify and discuss major social and historical events of William Wilson Cooke's lifetime.