A South Carolina huckster or peddler in the early 1900s. Image courtesy of the Library of Congress.
Learn more about the places of South Carolina and discover images of our state, from its earliest settlers to modern day.
Information on Counties & Cities
Learn more about the 46 counties and 270 cities and towns in South Carolina.
South Carolina State Library
South Carolina Historical Photographs and Primary Documents
Explore photographs, documents, and first-person accounts of life in South Carolina, from its earliest settlers to the modern day.
- South Carolina Digital Library
- Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers
- Lowcountry Digital Library
- Library of Congress Prints & Photographs
- Documenting the American South
- Teaching US History
- Duke University Digital Collections
- SCIWAY-South Carolina Picture Project
Historical Photographs by City or County
|Pickens Fair, 1910. Image courtesy of Pickens County Library System.|
See historical images of people, places, and events around the state.
- The Charleston Multimedia Project
- Cheraw (SC) Photograph Album, 1899-1904
- Georgetown County Digital Library
- Historical Sites of Greenville County
- Marion County Library Historical Photos
- Pickens County Library Photographs
- Richland County Public Library Local History Photographs
- Spartanburg County Digital Collections
- York County History
Watch videos such as tours of South Carolina places, interviews with authors of books about the state, and programs about South Carolina history and places.